Re: I would like to know how experts look at this problem

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:42:44 GMT

So this is an OLAP db. It has nothing to do with the number of records and transactions. Oracle can easily handle these transactions. The problem is going to be on of disk IO and network traffic! The data can only be read from disk so fast, regardless of the RDBMS, and that is dependent upon how many disks the information is stripped across. More RAM might help if you increase db block buffers, but only if they are going after the same data. Also that is a lot of data to drag across a network. Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure