Re: Oracle vs. MS SQL Server

From: CS <sheley_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:38:03 GMT

We support 100 companies nation wide and of those, 5 have Oracle and the rest MSSQL. They are all running on NT

Recent upgrades to our product with implementation, cost run 2x higher on Oracle than MSSQL

Oracle seems to be an essay test instead of pick and choose.

Clients seem to report more downtime with oracle due to corruption. I won't swear to it but it seems that way.

hth
CS

"dmz17" <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com> wrote in message news:pan.2003.03.04.21.10.38.874474_at_nospam.nowhere.com...
> On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:15:20 +0000, Phil wrote:
>
> > Looking for a completed evaluation comparing Oracle with MS SQL Server.
Any