Re: startup nomount

From: Gabriel Gonzalez <no-spam_at_no-spam.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 06:34:57 -0800

Ok back up a step... Why are you doing this? Why startup nomount? Why shutdown/startup at all? You mention IMP, but IMP needs the database to be up and running, startups should not be involved. Also, why call oradim?

Unless you're doing cold backups, shutting down a db is NOT part of normal maintenance.

If you have as big a mess in your hands as it appears you do, it's a good thing you can't login in as sysdba!

Sorry to say that but what you say you are trying to do makes no sense at all!