startup nomount

From: CS <sheley_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:01:56 GMT

I'm a newbie to Oracle DBA chores.
I'm trying to setup a script that installs Oracle then IMPort a database.

After installing oracle, my batch file Starts the listener, then calls sqlmgrl.

What should I connect as and what password?? I'm getting 'Insufficient Privilege's logging on as Sys or System when I issue the command STARTUP NOMOUNT I can't seem to get on using AS SYSDBA.

Here is the command I issue before starting Svrmgrl oradim -new -sid MYDB -startmode manual -pfile D:\ORACLE\ora81\database\initMYDB.ora -intpwd password

Once I get the command line down, I plan to put it in a SQL script

Any Ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks
CS Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 08:01:56 CST