Oracle Connection

From: James <james_at_nothing.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:52:36 +0200

Hi there
Any help will be much appriciated!!
If I connect to the database with administrator privleges, then start a new instance and mount, but do not open the database. EG with the SQL Plus STARTUP MOUNT

Can I after that creat a connection to the database using JDBC oracleConnection = DriverManager.getConnection (
"jdbc:oracle:thin:@"+server+":"+port+":"+database, user,
password
);

where I use the SYSTEM user and password both times? I know that mount startup only allows system administrators to have access.

Hope someone can help!!
cheers
James Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 05:52:36 CST