performance problems after increasing redolog size

From: Bud Socks <bud_socks_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:34:26 +0100

Hi there,

due to high frequent logfile switching i have added a new redolog and increased the size of the redologs
from 1 MB to 10 MB. We now have 4 redologs.

Since then we are facing heavy performance losses. For example : a weekly performed import needed
approx. 2h runtime. Now, after the redolog modification this job needs more than 24 hours to complete.

How can this be ?

Are there any corresponding parameters which need to be added to the ini<sid>.ora as well ?

Thanks for help
Bud Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 04:34:26 CST