Re: How to stop a service for TAF on the Listener

From: Ronald <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: 4 Mar 2003 23:55:16 -0800

andkovacs_at_yahoo.com (Andras Kovacs) wrote in message news:<412ebb69.0303041128.1e0f8224_at_posting.google.com>...
> We are running Oracle 817 on Win2000.
> We have one single instance running on this Server.
> This instance is identified by two service names in the Listener.
> - Production is a permanent Listener service
> - ClientService is registered in the Listener only if the instance is
> up (for TAF)
>
> Question: How to stop the ClientService listener while the instance is
> up and DBAservice is up ?
>
> When I do "lsnrctl stop ClientService" it will not work.

I am afraid you can't. Why not setup 2 separate listeners ? In that case you could stop the clients listener. When you start that listener the instance will register when it detects the listeners presense; might take a few minutes. Also checkout the local_listener parameter, you are going to need it. Easiest is to make local_listener refer to a tns alias like 'local_listeners' and put the address list of all your listeners that you want to be configured dynamically.

Ronald.

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 01:55:16 CST