Re: move datefiles (almost) online

From: Hermann Schlösser <hschloes_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:28:49 +0100

Ralph Ganszky wrote:
> Hi Hermann,
>
> I would prefer to set only the file which is moved offline, because if you
> have
> a tablespace with more than one file, you will get less errors.

tnx for the hint. Indeed tablespace contained one file only.

Last night I used this procedure and it worked great. Maximum offline time with an 8 GB datafile was 7 seconds. Others were smaller and MUCH faster.

Applicationservers did not bobo.

(of course I put some checks into the beginning of the script: is destination writable, was file really copied, and - at first - does sourcefile exist)

have fun
Hermann Received on Tue Mar 04 2003 - 17:28:49 CST