Re: sqlnet.log,mni.log and fsl<sid>.log

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 23:25:17 +0100

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:34:04 +0000, James Chappell <james_at_rees-chappell.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>These three files (sqlnet.log,mni.log and fsl<sid>.log - this latter
>something to do with Oracle FailSafe) on my 8.1.6 w2k server are filling
>up at a rate of knots.
>
>What causes them to be written to?
>Can I turn it off? How? Will it be a problem?
>
>Thanks

In the default setup sqlnet.log and nmi.log list errors and warnings only. The obvious solution would be to read those files and to address the problems noted, rather than to 'turn it off'. So yes: 'turning it off' (which can be done by lowering the trace_level as documented in the net8 manuals) will be a problem

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Mar 04 2003 - 16:25:17 CST