how to create VPD with SINGLE ORACLE USER ?

From: yannduv <yannduv_rem_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:54:08 +0100

hi!
i'd like create a VPD with oracle: here is my configuration:

only 1 user (schema) wich is in reallity my application : "WWW_CUSTOMERS" Application WWW_CUSTOMERS is a web based application distributed in ASP mode (jsp + beans).

This application has 2 tables "CUSTOMER" and "DEPT"

My users are stored in another schema "WWW_PORTAL" > tables "USERS" and "GROUPS" Users have rights to acces to CUSTOMER records but only if they are in the DEPT "arkansas" (for example)

i'd like to implement right access with VDP.

My question:
How to implement VPD with a "single oracle user" does anyone has experience with it ?

thanks in advance. Received on Tue Mar 04 2003 - 04:54:08 CST