truncating a tablespace... is it possible?

From: Giovanni Azua <bravegag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:08:14 +0100

Hello all,

The size of the UNDOTBS01.DBF tablespace file has become incredibly large and I would like to truncate it. Can anyone advise whether is possible and how to do that?

I do all developing and testing on my W2K laptop and found out that shutting down the server and putting a fake empty temp DBF file and deleting the original one works fine :-) so I know at least how to get rid of this one...

TIA,
Best Regards,
Giovanni Received on Tue Mar 04 2003 - 03:08:14 CST