Re: What language is the Oracle server written in ?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 19:40:04 +0200

Tanel.

Up to version 2 - asm on PDP-11 if I remember correctly. Starting from 3 - C

Now they have some functionality in Java as well, though not very low level stuff.
And of course - a lot of packages you use everyday are PL/SQL.

One important issue is, that starting from ver 6, a lot of Oracle Server was written from scratch. I wonder, when will the next time come? :)

Tanel.