Re: SQL Statement Shutdown

From: Patrice Castet <patrice.castet_at____nospaaaaam____in-fusio.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:40:47 GMT

what do you want to shutdown ? the database ? a dispatcher ? by the way "shutdown abort" is like you "kill" your database, it has to perform a recovery when restarting !
I advice you to use "shutdown immediate" which stop it cleanly instead of "abort". The "abort" option must not be used except for emergency issues.