Re: embeded sql with sql trace or alter session

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:27:58 -0000

Two possible answers :

If the question is - can I issue in a Pro*C (or whatever) program

EXEC SQL alter session set events '10046
> trace name context forever, level 8';

then yes you can.

If the question is

if I enable this trace will the wait statistics for my embedded SQL show up ?

Yes they will.

If you're having problems with this (sounds like you are, or you wouldn't be posting)

then let us know

PS : You can kick a session into trace and set specific events even if you are not in the session via the DBMS_SYSTEM packages. Depends on what you're writing, but unless it's a monitoring application I'd be thinking about the dbms_system route.

HTH- YMMV T