OEM Administrators displayed in hex

From: Lothar Armbrüster <l.armbruester_at_vertriebsunion.de>
Date: 3 Mar 2003 01:59:37 -0800

Hello out there,
I newly configured an Enterprise Manager repository and Management Server on Oracle 9.0.1.3.0 and W2k. The repository went into a new Oracle instance. I can log into the mangement server and discover nodes etc. just fine but when I try to configure administrators from the Management Console, the administrator names are displayed in hex rather than plain text. In my newly configured management server there are two administrator accounts displayed as:

0x5359534D414E
0x5245504F5254535F55534552

These seem to be SYSMAN and REPORTS_USER.

I cannot change password or otherwise edit these admins. I get an error saying "Administrator 0x5359534D414E not found".

Now the question is which environment variables do I have to set up in order to see the administrators as plain text? Or what did I do wrong setting up OMS?

Many thanks in advance,
Lothar Armbrüster Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 03:59:37 CST