ora-00001 while dropping unused columns

From: Lothar Armbrüster <l.armbruester_at_vertriebsunion.de>
Date: 3 Mar 2003 01:17:44 -0800

Hello out there,
I have a table with approx. 100 rows. I set a column unused and am now trying to drop it.

SQL> alter table st_bediener drop unused columns; alter table st_bediener drop unused columns *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-00001: unique constraint (SYS.I_COL_USAGE$) violated

Do I have to worry about corruption? How can I fix this?

It is Oracle 9.0.1.3.0 on W2k.

Many thanks in advance,
Lothar Armbrüster Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 03:17:44 CST