Standby for maintenance?

From: Markus Ahlström <maah02_at_comhem.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:15:11 GMT

Hi all!

I'm new to the part of oracle that regards standby databases. DB version: 9.2
OS: Solaris 5.8

I going to create a primary database(A) and a standby database(B). I want to be able to switch from A to B, and back to A, without any major downtime. (This is for maintenance)
It takes to long to have both database down and make the sync that way.

So my question is:
Should I use Physical standby, Logical standby or use RMAN for the job?

So far I'm looking at physical standby, but to me it seems as I have to sync the datafiles by making a copy from the primary to the standby with both database's down...

Would be grateful for any tips.
Regards Markus Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 03:15:11 CST