index on upper case

From: Keith Langer <tanalbit_at_aol.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2003 17:47:27 -0800

I am trying to create a case insensitive index.

Below is a test index:

CREATE INDEX IDX_PERSON_FIRST
    ON PERSON(UPPER(FIRSTNAME)); When I run it from my local user (schema owner) account, I get a permission problem. When I run it from the System account, it gets created. But then when I run EXPLAIN PLAN on the following query:

select * from person where UPPER(FIRSTNAME) = 'MIKE';

I still get full table scans.

So what's going on here?

Keith Received on Sun Mar 02 2003 - 19:47:27 CST