Re: Oracle 9i tuning the database performance

From: fari hadus <paladon_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:17:49 +0100

Hi,

why do you think, that changes in init.ora will/could resolve your problems? I read, that about 80 - 90 % of all tuning concerns deal with good database design
and the right SQL - statements.

ad 1) to see if your servers performance is going down, just close the "backup" instance to see, if something changes.

ad 2) please double check your database design and the SQL - statements, before you change anything the init.ora file. I guest you will get more performance this way.

so long
fari Received on Sun Mar 02 2003 - 14:17:49 CST