Re: number of logical partitions in an extended parition

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:33:07 +0200

> Howard,
>
> Have you ever seen a Peoplesoft on Oracle implementation?
> I have (just the HR module).
> There are over 3000 tables. No primary keys, no referential integrity, and
> no constraints (except not null on varchar2s and numbers, in response to
> which the application inserts a single space and zero respectively).
> If you don't believe this (and I wouldn't blame you), ask Nuno.

But that still doesn't explain why would there be a *need* for 100+ tablespaces, 100 schemas might make sense, but not tablespaces, because probably most of them contain only few megabytes worth of segments.

It's the same case with Oracle Apps, the default installation can be done on several hundreds of tablespaces, or just two (excluding system, rbs etc.)

Tanel. Received on Sun Mar 02 2003 - 11:33:07 CST