Re: Library cache latch contention

From: dias <ydias_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2003 02:25:07 -0800

Hi Ricky,

I didn't give more details, because I'm not trying to tune the database. The waits are very small, and there no problem for end users.

I was just suprised by the number of sleeps over the "library cache latch". I tought that all the necessary parameters was set and there is enough space in the shared pool.

I also examined v$sqlarea, and there is no sql with multiple versions.

There just on other latch that has sleeps :

Report 1

LATCH_NAME                GETS      MISSES   HIT_RATIO      SLEEPS
SLEEPS/MISS
------------------ ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
-----------
cache buffers chai    10788558         177           1         206
  1.164
library cache          1021637         126           1   108618601
862052.389

Report 2

LATCH_NAME                GETS      MISSES   HIT_RATIO      SLEEPS
SLEEPS/MISS
cache buffers chai     8793247         207           1         217
  1.048
library cache           988150          34           1    31887719
937874.088

Finally, I have used the very old utlbstat/estat, beacause it was not possible to setup Statspack.

Dias