Full Media recovery?

From: James <james_at_nothing.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 11:51:35 +0200

Hi there
If I have a Oracle 9 server which has crached or been damaged and I have to perfor a full restore from online hotbackups are the following steps the correct ones to follow.

  1. Install a fresh install of Oracle to the computer.
  2. Copy over the Control files, Archive log files and Datafiles to the original location.
  3. Connect to the database with administrator priveleges, then start a new instance and mount, (not open) the databases.
  4. Recover the DATABASE

Should the database be back to the normal state as of the last backup?

If not what have I done wrong?
cheers
James Received on Sun Mar 02 2003 - 03:51:35 CST