Re: Getting sysdate across a DB link

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 16:12:41 -0800

Paul Moore wrote:

> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> writes:
>
> > If you have a db_link ... a simple bit of dynamic SQL will build the
> > function on all 100 for you in a matter of seconds.
>
> Can you create a function across a db link? I didn't know that was
> possible...
>
> You're right, if I can do that then it's not such a problem. What
> would the syntax be? CREATE FUNCTION myfn_at_remote_db ....? I suppose,
> more generally, the question is what DDL you can do over a link - I'll
> browse the manuals for stuff on this (all I've ever done before is
> select from table_at_remote_db).
>
> I'll try it on Monday when I get back to a system with more than one
> database available to me...
>
> Thanks,
> Paul.
> --
> This signature intentionally left blank

As near as I know it can't be done. At least I tried and failed and found nothing on tahiti that would lead me to believe otherwise. So sorry for the misdirection.

It tries to compile the code but, unfortunately, tries to put the @remote_db into the object name which makes it invalid.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sat Mar 01 2003 - 18:12:41 CST