Re: Copy a schema without using EXP?

From: JustAnotherDBA <jadba_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 12:48:57 -0600

You should be able to exp the server user data in client server mode, depending on versions. We really need to know your client and server versions.

Of course, exp/imp on the server itself (if possible) is the best because of less issues with different versions on client and server and it performs better (especially if to a local disk on the server).

Note: We did have a problem running exp or imp (I can't remember) using 8.1.7 on client against 8.1.6 server. This would normally work and this is an odd case. But, I did see a workaround/fix in Metalink. However I never applied it because we just recently upgraded our server to 8.1.7 and no longer have the problem.