Re: Copy a schema without using EXP?

From: Paul Moore <gustav_at_morpheus.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 16:05:19 +0000

"Harry" <a_at_abc.com> writes:

> Using Oracle 8i on windows 2000 (sp3)
>
> I want to copy a Users schema in its entirety from another oracle database
> running remotely in to my local one. I have a valid user account in that
> database for the schema owner but because EXP only seems to work on the
> current database I can't do an EXP then IMP
>
> Is this possible?

exp remote_user/remote_pw_at_remote_db file=export.dmp

imp local_user/local_pw file=export.db

should work. (Ie, just use a connect string when running the export). This assumes that both databases are the same version - exports across versions are a little more complex.

I'm assuming you don't have shell access to the remote system, so you can't run the export there (otherwise, you don't have a problem that I can see).

Paul.

--
This signature intentionally left blank