Re: Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux Suse 8.0

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 17:42:35 +1100

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:44:19 +0000, Norman Dunbar wrote:

> Morning,
>
> just stick with it, catalog.sql is doing quite a lot of stuff. I've had
> one run for about 30 mins (on a slowish server) before now.
>
> Cheers,
> Norman.

Eh, Lad! Thou'twer'tlucky! 30 minutes?!! Bloody Luxury!!!

Try running 16 copies of it simultaneously for 16 instances on the one server, whilst the classroom next door is doing Backup and Recovery, and copying 9 databases around the place (also on the same server).

Go for lunch, and come back to discover it is still chugging along. Teach the next chapter... and find it STILL chugging along!!

Fortunately, we've upgraded our server since then (and we seem not to run 16-people classes as frequently, either. Strange that).

Regards
HJR Received on Sat Mar 01 2003 - 00:42:35 CST