Mysterious query

From: Peter Michelson <pete77r_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 00:42:32 GMT

Here's a poser: I have a Delphi 6 Enterprise app using the BDE to connect to Oracle 8.1.7.3. I've been getting sporadic "Ambiguous Column Name" errors from Oracle. When I ran SQL Trace it revealed an impossible query: somehow, a query which contains all fields from all of my database tables was being processed. This query even contains fields from tables in the database which aren't being used in the Delphi application. However, it does not seem to contain any key fields.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this behavior? Could this result from bad memory on the database server?

Would appreciate any help,
-P Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 18:42:32 CST