Oracle 9i tuning the database performance

From: David Nguyen <nguyend4_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2003 18:23:51 -0800

Hi all,

  I have 2 oracle 9i databases in the same box win2k server with 1000M memory with 2 seperate intances. One intance never use just for archive only (or back up if you will) but the intance still open and the other intance is the production intance.

  1. If I stop the archive intance will help the production intance access to more memory and it run faster? In another word if the archive intance start but never use will it hurt the memory of another intance?
  2. Second I run my application in the client machine with 4 pentiums processor and 1000 M memory. However my application is run so slow since it access the data from the server (The server has only databases) and I know I need to edit the parameters in the init.ora file of the server databases. Right now the init.ora is set up as default from enterprise edition since I installed it.

  Any suggest any parameters to improve the performance of the database is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 20:23:51 CST