Nested Table PL/SQL or Varray HELP!

From: Dean Smith <idontthinkso_at_nope.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 23:12:40 GMT

I have a package that issues a query like this in a loop every second for one minute.

mysql := 'insert into global_temp_tab (col1, col2) select * from remote_tab@'||db_link;

At the end of the minute, it does something like this.

for myrow in (select * from global_temp_tab g, lookup_tab l, lookup_tab2, etc. where g.col1=l.col1, etc.)
 process each row and insert into another permanent table loop

Unfortunately, due to an Oracle 'Feature' in 9i, global temporary tables seem to generate just as much redo as normal tables (in 8i this is not the case). In order to avoid this redo, I've heard that I could use Nested Tables or Varrays in PL/SQL. I have no idea how to do this efficiently. Any ideas? Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 17:12:40 CST