Re: Oracle 8.1.7 On Suse 8.0 (Statement processed)

From: Liggs <liggs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:51:08 +0000 (UTC)

Have you checked the alert log? If its in archivelog mode it may have hung if it filled up the filesystem where it
writes the archived logs too. Alert log will tell you.

    Can you connect via svrmgrl from another session.     Is oracle burning up the cpu (run top).     Any operating system error messages (dmesg).     Is there constant swapping (vmstat 1 10) ?????

Are you getting a continous list of "Statement processed?" how quick are they apart?
Have you sized the SGA too big or too small?

Liggs