fastest way of deleting all rows in a table

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:27:59 -0000

Hi Richard,

you are correct (again). I even got it right when I wrote up the FAQ answer to which Jonathan alludes. The HWM is indeed set to the very start, its the number of extents that remain after the truncate which is the MINEXTENTS setting.

I shall put on a hair shirt for the rest of the afternoon.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator