Re: Oracle9i and Perl.

From: Stephan Bressler <stephan.bressler_at_siemens.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:05:24 +0100

"George Barbour" <gbarbour_at_csc.com> wrote in message news:3e5f3f37$1_at_baen1673807.greenlnk.net...
> Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0.
> Win NT 4.0
> I am working through 'Perl for DBA's' by Duncan and Still.
> Has anybody used the DBD::Oracle Perl Module to access an Oracle9i
database?
> or managed to install DBD without the 'ppm' module, which doesn't seem to
be
> included in the install.
>
> George Barbour.

Hi,
all the binary DBD modules I know are linked with the 8i client libs, which are not compatible to the 9i libs. You would need to recompile the DBD modules with the 9i libs. Another solution would be to use a small 8i client installation in parallel to the 9i rdbms.

Regards
Stephan Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 05:05:24 CST