Re: fixed_Date in Oracle 7.3

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:48:02 +0000

Faisal wrote:

> We have changed fixed_Date using 'alter system' command. It is
> reflecting fine in 'sysdate'. But when a database package accessed
> 'sysdate', it returns initial value of sysdate. New fixed date value
> is not reflected.

ALTER SYSTEM or SESSION? If the former, rather set it via the init.ora file instead. If the latter, it explains the problem.

> Why does SqlPlus returns a different 'sysdate' and package returns a
> different 'sysdate'.

Have you tested/verified the date format via another SQL*Plus session?

Are you sure that the package does not use TO_CHAR and TO_DATE conversions for the date fields?

How is the PL/SQL package defined? As current user or owner?

--
Billy