Re: Can I point a 9.0 listener to a 9.2 database?

From: Stan <stan0074_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:24:35 GMT

Absolutely you can have 9.0 listener to point to 9.2 database. All you need to do is change 9.0 listener.ora file to point 9.2 ORACLE_HOME and reload the listener.

for. eg.
SID_LIST_LISTENER
(SID_LIST =

     (SID_DESC=
        (GLOBAL_DBNAME = oracle)
        (ORACLE_HOME = 9.2_oracle_home)
        (SERVICE_NAME = ORCL)
     )

   )

But, it better to configure 9.2 listener and have 9.0 database point from here.

--
-Stan