Re: Use of TEMP tablespace other than sorting

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:31:38 -0800

Rick Denoire wrote:

> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:
>
> >I'd suggest a couple of things. The first is the you run explain plan to
> >see what is happening. The second is that you post the query and give us
> >some idea of how many rows are in the tables. At first blush it appears
> >that something is wrong. But without more background I wouldn't want to
> >speculate as to what.
> >
> >BTW: CBO or RBO and are statistics with DBMS_STATS current?
>
> All right, I will give you more details tomorrow, when I am at office.
>
> I just wanted to avoid overloading you with information, but if you
> are willing to glance at it, I would very much appreciate your effort.
>
> I should add that the pertinent query was running without any problem
> for a long time. This problem came up suddenly, presumably due to the
> larger number of records in the involved tables.
>
> Bye
> Rick Denoire

A quick look at previous posts here will clearly demonstrate that too much information is almost never what stands between an OP and a good answer. Too little information often results in answers containing RTFM or requests for further relevant information.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 18:31:38 CST