another OEM issue

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:44:48 -0600

Subject: another OEM issue

Platform: OEM 2.2.0.0; management server on Win2k, console on NT4 Databases: Oracle 8.0.6 on NT; Oracle 8.1.7 on NT, Win2k, and Sun Solaris

After some trial an error and help from the ng, I was able to get OEM to discover one of my newly acquired Solaris nodes. But now that they are discovered, when I try to open a database the Solaris nodes, I get an ora-12545: connect failed because target host or object does not exist. I am able to connect from SQLPlus. I am able to open any of the other (all Windows based) DBs inside of OEM console.

Setting that aside, I tried to set up some monitoring events. I go to Event - Create Event, give the event a name, add the Solaris based DB to the list (the only one for this event) and go to the 'tests' tab. The only available test is Database UpDown. So I go to a previously registered event on another db. Double-click the event returns "The test: oracle/rdbms/fault/alert may not have been installed. Cannot proceed with current operation."

  I do continue to receive alerts in my e-mail. Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 16:44:48 CST