Re: HP MC / Service Guard / Oracle 8i

From: Christian Hartmann <cha_at_christian-hartmann.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:40:53 +0100

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:02:21 -0800, "oracle1" <santyspamsharma_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>yes, you got that right finally. A package in HP term is container for all
>resources that a service needs. So in case of database, services to monitor
>are instance ( PMON or SMON) and listener while resources are datafiles,
>init, control, redo. Mail services, NFS are some other serices that service
>guard is usually used for.

Okay, thank you - I've got it.

However, what is the advantage of a Service Guard to a Oracle-Standby-Server except of having only 1 IP-Address for the "package" if using Service Guard?

If I use a Bea application-server (Weblogic) with a connection-pool of already established database-connection to the first instance, I assume that if the first instance brokes down I have to restart the Bea Weblogic, don't I? Or wil the open connections of the WebLogic to the oracle-database been hold?

Regards,

Christian Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 16:40:53 CST