Re: What's the best alternative to this pl/sql ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:29:42 -0800

Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:

> > Billy is correct no matter to what you were referring. The only things you
> can do
> > with a compiled application that will provide a performance improvement is
> > actions that are CPU intensive such as brute-force calculations. Compiled
> code
> > will not read or write to the disk one femtosecond faster.
>
> Am I speaking English here? I was referring to COMPILED SQL STATEMENTS not
> anything else. That's why I was talking about prepared
> statements/parameters/etc...

I could ask the same question. <g>

Compiled SQL is not gong to run any faster than PL/SQL performing the same action unless what is being performed is brute-force calculations. A compiled INSERT statement buys you nothing but compilation time.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 16:29:42 CST