9i install quit right after setting installation types

From: Konstantinos M <kostasmelis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2003 13:51:19 -0800

Hi all,

I went through many posts here and elsewhere but didn't find a solution to my problem so I could definitely use some help. I am installing 9i on a P4 Win 2K machine which has already 8.1.7 to a different oracle_home. I am having a problem because OUI quits right after I pick the installation type (enterprise, standard, whatever), and the installaction.log mentions no error but its last entry is about prerequisite queries. I don't think it's the P4 bug, metalink says this problem was fixed with 9i but just to make sure I am installing from HD after renaming the symsomething.dll but still have the problem. Does anybody have any ideas what could be wrong ? I am starting to get kinda desperate.

Thanks in advance
Kostas Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 15:51:19 CST