Re: Fast refresh materialized views - restrictions

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2003 12:13:46 -0800

I don't think ORACLE has separate rules for different environment in deciding whether a MV is fast refreshable. I would take what you read from the DOC regarding rules on MV with a grain of salt. It is easier to just create the MV and find out for yourself what is possible - fast refresh, on commit, etc.. If you are using 9i, DBMS_MVIEW.EXPLAIN_MVIEW can also help you determine what is or is not possible with a particular MV.