Re: (long) Sniffing redo logs to maintain cache consistency?

From: Andrej Gabara <andrej_at_kintana.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2003 10:11:17 -0800

Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam> wrote...

> Business logic is the set of operations the application
> code has to perform to respond to a business transaction
> request.

That's not much more precise than "business logic", if at all. Your definition hinges on the definition of "business transaction request". But anyhow, I do think we're on the same page on that one anyhow.

> There are many solutions. One that is very dear to the OO brigade
> (but is impossible to implement) is the concept that all data can
> be cached and serialization should only be done at startup and
> shutdown.

I never argued in favor of this.

> How can the Java people learn if no one is teaching them
> anything? All they hear all day long is bloody marketing
> rubbish!

This bothers me a bit .. "How can Java people learn"... Sounds very condencending.

Please give me some references (books, articles) that I can read up on. Contrary to Sy's belief, I do have a brain, and I'm willing and capable of learning, so try me.

-Andrej Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 12:11:17 CST