Re: Maintenance on an older DB

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:59:46 +0200

Hi!

Check the alert.log for ora-600 errors and try to find out why they're occurring.

Do recovery tesing, to make sure you can get your data back in case of crash.

(Some guys were doing backup for 3 years, but they had forgot the tape library/software to test mode, that no data was actually written to tape :)

Tanel.

Do recovery