HP MC / Service Guard / Oracle 8i

From: Christian Hartmann <cha_at_christian-hartmann.de>
Date: 27 Feb 2003 04:58:11 -0800

Hi there,

does anyone have details to use an Oracle 8i toegether with HP's MC/Service Guard or do anyone know where I can get more details?

Did I understood it correctly, that when I use Oracle along with HP's MC / Service Guard I have one running instance on one machine and one not running instance (same init-file) on a scond-machine connecting to the same disk-devices? And if the primary instance goes down the ServiceGuard then starts the second instance on the second machine?

That is, will my secondary Oracle database (running on my secondary server) be automatically switched over to in the event that my primary server goes down?

Is there no disruption to my connected users to the database? This is, is there a transparation failover for the clients?

Do I need a Oracle OPS (=Oracle Parallel Server) or Oracle RAC (=Real Application Cluster) or something else in order to make all this possible? What about the handling of control-files?

Thanks for help in advance,

Christian Hartmann Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 06:58:11 CST