Re: Oracle 8.1.7.4.6 patch error

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:05:04 +0000

Art wrote:

> After applying the 8.1.7.4.6 patch set to Oracle client 8.1.7 Release
> 3 on Win2k machine, I received the following error when launching
> either SQL Plus or Net8 Assistant tool:
>
> "The procedure entry point nlepeget could not be located in the
> dynamic link library oranl8.dll"
>
> Do I need a new version of oranl8.dll too? This file didn't come with
> the patch set, however.

Strange error. That DLL should have shipped with, if the client software is now making use of a new DLL call.

Have you checked the release notes for the patch thoroughly to ensure that you meet the patch's requirements for installing and patching? If the DLL did not ship, then the patch expects it to be there. Thus there could be something missing from your installation.

Run a search on the system for all oral8.dll's. Could also be that an old one remained behind and gets picked up first in the DLL search path when the app loads (on Windows the search path is, I thinkk, current directory, \WinNT\, \WinNT\system32, DOS %PATH%).

--
Billy