Re: init.ora file?

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:21:49 -0500

Howard,

What do you mean by "teadious business of exporting it to an init.ora, editing the init.ora ..."?

exporting is just issuing 'create pfile from spfile'. re-exporting is 'create spfile from pfile' Illegal values (if I understand what you mean by this) can come up in init.ora also .. which would need to be fixed also.

Agreed that there is no major advantage in using spfile. I don't know if I agree with your disadvantage, after all I'd consider it a rare instance that an illegal value gets in there.

Anurag