Re: Patches and Patch Sets

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:03:47 +0100

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:53:25 -0500, "Phil Kaufman" <philk_at_dbcsmartsoftware.com> wrote:

>For those interested, I directly received a far better response then
>Sybrand's attempted response; here is the jist of that response:
>
>Oracle patchsets are cumulative. If you are installing 9.0.1.4 patchset,
>it includes all patchsets released prior to 9.0.1.4. There might be
>minipacks that fixes particular problems and will eventually be included
>in the next major patchset.

Just FYI: Not ALL Oracle 8i patchsets are cumulative. Obviously 'far better' must be read as 'It suits me better' Hence there is no need to discredit my correct response in public.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 16:03:47 CST