Re: rman question

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:33:59 +1100

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:04:38 +0000, Phillip wrote:

> Hopefully this isn't too difficult an rman related question. On which
> database do I run the catrman.sql script to get the appropriate RC_*
> tables and views? The target database, or the rman database? When I
> create the rman database, I run the 'create catalog tablespace rcat;'
> command on the rman database, so I'm thinking this is where I run the
> catrman.sql, but obviously I'm not sure hence the reason of my post.
> Thanks all.
>
> --
> Phillip

What version are you running? Because catrman.sql was required in 8.0, but was obsoleted in 8i. The 8i RMAN catalog is created in quite a different way, and needs no script to create the necessary views.

But, assuming this is indeed 8.0, then you run catrman in your catalog database.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 13:33:59 CST