Problem with Oracle 8.1.7 JServer

From: DalTXColtsFan <joe2002_at_swbell.net>
Date: 26 Feb 2003 08:44:43 -0800

Greetings all,

I'm running Oracle 8.1.7 client and server on my laptop. The problem I'm having is when I log into DBA Studio standalone, log into my database instance as internal, and try to expand the JServer node, I get this message:

VDJSERVER-1516: Failed to get a new JServer session. Unknown service: :OEM1.

The first time it was actually OEM0.

I tried reinstalling the Oracle JDBC drivers, Oracle SQLJ and Oracle Java Tools and it didn't seem to help. I even tried installing the Oracle Integration Server and it didn't seem to help.

When I run SQL Plus I get this message:

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

What am I doing wrong?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 10:44:43 CST