Re: init.ora file?

From: Patrice Castet <patrice.castet_at_in-fusio.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:37:05 GMT

on 9i you should use a binary file, not editable any longer and dynamically modifiable without (usually ...) restarting the db. It is the "spfile".
the init.ora should be used only if you need specific startups not included in the normal spfile, or if you migrate from a 8i db. init.oras can be generated easily with the admin console in "all parameters" section of your instance.