Re: Oracle 9i ?

From: cris <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:44:43 +0100

Patrice Castet wrote:

> For linux, better use Red Hat Advanced Server Oracle certified
> distribution. It has been written by both Red Hat and Oracle in order
> to have a good kernel specifically for 9i DB.
> I don't know about Suse, maybe they did the same, but with Red Hat you
> play it safe ...

SuSE SLES8 implementes exactly the same features as RHAS (since the kernel code is GPL :)) and it passed the same "Unbreakable Linux" tests. The only value added that you get with RedHat is that you can call Oracle Support Services for OS troubles too. You may want to choose the distro that is best supported by your hardware vendor.

Kind regards, Cris Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 05:44:43 CST